Pumpkin Fun for Everyone @ Your School Library
Dear Parents, Students, and Teachers,
This year the library is getting into the fall festival spirit by having a decorated pumpkin contest of your favorite book character. It’s easy and fun for the whole family. Students may bring in a decorated pumpkin to the school library and enter it into our contest. Pumpkins may be dropped off at the library only from anytime between now and Friday, October 23rd. Below are our contest rules:
1. ABSOLUTELY NO CARVED PUMPKINS!!! Carved pumpkins rot, attract bugs, and smell. Most importantly, we do not want a child handling a knife or carving tools. Carved pumpkins will not be entered into the contest and will be sent back home. Pumpkins may be painted, decorated, etc. Let your creativity soar!
2. Pumpkins should represent a favorite book character. On the entry form you must have the title and author of the book written on the form. I would recommend getting the book information first before even starting to decorate the pumpkin.
3. This is a home project and pumpkins should be done mostly by the students but parents may assist. It would be a fun project to do as a whole family! (Just a little side note-judges tend to vote more for projects where the student’s work is evident.)
4. Do not write your name anywhere on the pumpkin. When you
bring your pumpkin to Mrs. Sindorf or Mrs. Terie in the library, they will take your pumpkin and entry form so to properly identify it.
5. Pumpkins will be judged according to the following categories:
K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8, Teachers, Family Project
* The Family Project category is for any family that would like to submit one decorated pumpkin for the whole family or multiple pumpkins representing various characters in the same book. This category maybe of interest to families that have more than one child at Chandlers.
6. The K-8 grade level judging and the family project judging will be conducted
by a panel of judges.
Teachers may enter a pumpkin in the teacher category. Students may
vote for the best teacher’s pumpkin for one ticket on the night of the fall festival.
K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8 categories- $10 Wal-Mart gift card for each category winner.
Family Project Category- Gift certificate for pizza and a board game for your family.
Teacher and Staff Category- An ice cream party for students and a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card for the teacher to purchase books for the class library. Specials teachers, aides, office staff, cafeteria workers, bus drivers may enter also. School staff may even enter as a group instead of on an individual basis if they so choose.
For an entry form or to print these instructions, please follow this link.